Friday, January 15, 2010

Some Loose Ends

A few things I wanted to mention and forgot about the past few weeks.

Larry Dale Keeling's article this week was good entitled "Welcome to the Buzzard Triangle".
One can read at his blog: www.kykurmudgeon.bloginky.com

Ivan Potter at the West Kentucky Journal of Issues and Politics has some in depth commentary on the environment and West KY this week at their site.(Linked on the Rooster)

In my Tribute to the Contributions of WHOP radio and the Lackey family I failed to mention a bunch of people but wanted to mention Hank Lindsay. Hank worked at WHOP and was press secretary for Gov. Collins. Hank worked in a number of Administrations before retiring to Puerto Vallara Mexico with his wife Vickie. Former Collins Assistant Polly Vicars also retired to Puerto Vallara.

My good friend Drex Davis Sr. passed away over the holidays. Drex was always there for me and supporting me through all my KYD elections. I will pay special tribute to him later.

Former Christian County Jailer Joe Witherspoon died at age 91. I want to do a little research on the family because this should make an interesting story. Joe's father and daughter both served as Jailers in Christian County.

I was excited to find the West Kentucky Star. They have probably the best website for providing regional news in Western Kentucky. They earned a link on the Rooster.

I was very glad that WHOP has updated their website to provide more local and regional news. They are moving forward. Baby Steps. I will probably also award them with a link.

I will start soon on the U.S. Senate Race in Kentucky bringing a profile of each candidate running.

Also, we will begin to look at the West Kentucky Delegation in the Kentucky General Assembly to see what legislation each is sponsoring this year.

No comments: